Tuesday, August 3, 2010


Today, while doing some work in the back yard, I was stung by a wasp. Yes, I too thought it very rude. It was also quite painful. I am doing much better now, thank you and it made me think that I should post my treatment for a wasp sting, just in case you come across an unfriendly one in your yard.
*Wasp stings are base-they are neutralized with an acid.
Vinegar works well
Bee stings are acidic- they are neutalized by a base.
A baking soda and water paste works well.
*Benedril reduces the swelling and lets you
have a nice nap for a complete recovery.
I hope this helps!


  1. Very good to know. We've had quite a few wasps in the yard but haven't been stung yet...knock on wood!

  2. I just got stung last Saturday...very rude too!